Monday, September 28

Holy Spirit

Just over the last couple of weeks God has really been challenging me to want more of His presence in my life, to get a hunger for Him so that nothing else in life matters. I have been reading a book called Face to Face with God and it is an awesome book which just talks about revival in your heart… getting a hunger for God... wanting an experience with God which far exceeds anything else in life… wanting to bring honour to Jesus.

I have been in church ever since I can remember and have been a pastors kid since I was about 13 years old. I have experienced the tangible presence of God in my life several times before but I want more… I want God to come and fill my cup so that it is overflowing.. . I want the power of the Holy Spirit in my life to change my life so that I can influence the lives of others because of Him.

God created us to have fellowship with Him, to spend time with Him.  Sometimes our lives can become so busy with just doing 'stuff' that we neglect to sit quietly and spend time with our God, to allow Him to come and spend time with us.

I am so thankful that I attend a church that allows the Holy Spirit to have His way in our meetings and allows time for Him just to come and meet with us.

"When Moses came down from Mount Sinai carrying the two Tablets of The Testimony, he didn't know that the skin of his face glowed because he had been speaking with God."  Exodus 34:30

No comments: