Sunday, September 13

Spring Cleaning

DEFINITION: is the period in spring time set aside for cleaning a house, normally applied in colder climates, where the house is difficult to clean during winter.
 OR: The most common usage of spring cleaning refers to the yearly act of cleaning a house from top to bottom which would take place in the first warm days of the year typically in spring, hence the name.

MY DEFINITION: getting things more organised so that I can function without feeling ‘cluttered’ and removing all traces of dirt and dust from every corner of the house. Not sure if that is actually possible but I will definitely try my darndest!

During the week I made a list of the ‘spring cleaning’ that I wanted to achieve this weekend and decided that this great feat would take place either Saturday or Sunday afternoon...surely a few hours would be plenty!

I mean, I have prepared myself well by pre-purchasing a few storage items which will enable different areas of the house to be ‘de-cluttered’, the house isn’t actually that big and my list isn’t really that long, is it? Ok... perhaps I did bite off a little bit more than I could chew in a few short hours... but I’ll be really quick! NOT!!

I possibly could have achieved a little bit more than I actually did today but as I was sorting through piles of books to put onto the new bookshelf, I came across an old year book from Grade Nine, when I was living in Toronto, Canada. There is nothing like reminiscing of great times past and wondering where and what everyone from back then is now doing with their lives. However, looking at all of those pictures and reading messages from friends and teachers doesn’t actually help solve the mystery, so of course I had to include a few minutes on Facebook in search of them all but to my absolute amazement I had no luck at all....so now I am left still wondering! My little trip down memory lane probably cost me about an hour of my time and even though I didn’t find any new Facebook buddies to add to the list, I consider that it was worth being side-tracked for a while to reminisce about the ‘good old times’.

I then went on to complete a few other things on my list but it’s only approximately half completed and I wanted to finish it all! I wanted to feel like I had conquered this ‘spring cleaning’ thing that everyone seems to have been talking about recently, I wanted to feel like I had achieved something great, I wanted to feel like my whole life had been cleaned out.

Surprisingly enough...I am actually beginning to feel a little less ‘cluttered’ which is definately a good thing...imagine how I might feel by the time I have in fact completed the whole entire list.

No comments: