Sunday, September 6

Dad...

Today on another Father's Day I have to say that I am very blessed to have a Dad who I consider is one of the world's best ever! Although I don't get to see my Dad everyday as I used to as a child because we don't live in the same town, I know that whenever I need him, I can call him on his mobile or at home and he will always be there more than willing to have a little chat with his eldest daughter.

I love thinking about all the good times we have shared together but one time I remember well when I was very young and appreciate my Dad very much for is when we went on a drive together in his truck in New Zealand...the truck was called Precious Pup and to me as a little girl it was sooo cool and huge! I spent the whole day with him in the cab as he drove out to pick up his load and then drop it off at the end of the day. It probably didn't seem like much at the time and perhaps even to others it may seem insignificant, but I recall having a very exciting and fun day with my Dad. Another time that I remember well was when he took me sailing on his catermaran one sunny afternoon at the lake when I was a little older and we were testing out the harness... oh what fun!

As a child my Dad was always lots of fun to be around, he always made us laugh and I always felt so secure with him there... knowing that he would look after me in any situation and would always be there for me no matter what.

But what I remember most about my Dad and which has had a huge influence on my life as both a child and an adult is that every morning he would get up early, go into his office by himself with his Bible and spend time with God. I am so very thankful that my Dad, and my Mum as well, have instilled Godly principles into my life since I was a young girl. Although at times when I was still growing up it all seemed like such a drag.... when I look back now as an adult, I appreciate that they didn't give up on me and just let me do my own thing.

My Dad has always encouraged me to number one... have a relationship with Jesus... to be who I want to be and not what others expect me to be, to be successful in whatever I want to do and to have fun doing it... I hope and pray that I can be the same great inspiration to my children when they come along.

No comments: