Tuesday, March 13

The Impossible is Possible...





The other night my husband and I were driving home from Brisbane quite late and I was thinking about the fact that since I had written my most recent blog and had been feeling quite good about life, that there was a sudden turn around and I felt like I had been in a real battle.... isn't it always the case that when you feel like you are getting on top of things and God has been speaking to you that something else just happens to come up and you feel like you have taken about 100 steps backwards... even further back than where you started!! 

Anyway... as we were driving along I happened to look up at the sky and saw an almost full moon shining down through a scattering of cloud.  I then had this stupidest thought (stupidest...is that even a word!!?)...
I was thinking that what if there was life on the moon...
it is so far away and so big that someone (or something) up there wouldn't even look like a pin prick from way down here on earth. 
Then I thought... Imagine if you had the earth in your hand...
how powerful would you feel?? 
With all that life you would be holding and just one little squeeze and it would be gone!  
You would kind of feel like some sort of super hero...
maybe even Wonder Woman... but then again...
what about God?? 

God holds then entire universe in His hand...
not just our tiny little earth but all of creation in its entirety!! 
Whoah... hang on a minute... let me just wrap my mind around that thought!! 
If God, our all powerful, loving, caring, God is holding the entire universe in His hand then He must be pretty big huh?? 
Yep... massive, huge, incomparible...
our mind just cannot comprehend the bigness of our God.  
If it could then we would never worry or care about anything because we would
KNOW without a shadow of doubt that GOD is in control. 

He is in control of every single situation in our lives and we really have no need to worry at all.  We can just hand it all over to Him and let Him take care of it...
every single situation...
not just the small ones but also the ones that seem insurmountable to us...
those ones that seem completely impossible.

If only we could keep our minds out of the way... how much easier would it be to believe the IMPOSSIBLE! God wants us to overcome in every area of our lives, we just have to trust in Him.  So, next time I start to stumble and worry and stress... I'm going to picture God holding the entire universe in His hand...
our GREAT, AWESOME, AMAZING, HUGE, ALL POWERFUL, LOVING, CARING,
GIVING, INCREDIBLE (there are no words!)
GOD who wants to bless us and help us all to get where He wants us to be...
overcoming, blessed, abundant,
faith-filled God warriors!!

No comments: