Wednesday, February 10

Good Morning Lord


What better way to start the morning than with a steaming hot cup of tea, the Word of God and a view to boot!!

Until recently I was of the opinion that it didn’t matter what time of day I spent with God in my quiet time… with the busyness of life as it already was, any time at all that I had spare to spend with God was good enough for me, be in morning, afternoon or evening before bed… as long as I did it.

But in the last few weeks where I have had the privilege of not having to get up early to get to work every morning, I have been able to instead spend the very first part of my day with God and I must admit that I have found it so much more satisfying and fulfilling.

Whereas previously I might have read my Bible and had a quick little prayer time before going to sleep and then most likely forgetting any revelation I may have had, I now find the whole entire day ahead of me to think about what God is speaking to me about and how He wants me to apply His Word in my life.

Matthew 6:33 says “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you”.

I know this scripture probably pertains to seeking God first before we seek after other things to try and satisfy our needs and wants but I also believe that it means we should be seeking God first in our day, at the beginning, before anything else comes along and clouds our minds… our first thoughts need to be with God.

So I encourage you, if you don’t already, spend your time with God at the very beginning of your day… it really does make all the difference.

No comments: