Wednesday, November 25

Honouring God



When I was 13 years old I made a decision in my life that I never wanted to be in the ministry because of my experiences as a pastors kid and because of what I saw my parents go through as pastors.

Being a PK can be a bit rough at times…. There are sacrifices to be made that you don’t have a choice about, expectations placed on you because of the position your parents are in, other children pay out on you because your parents are pastors… and it goes on.

So when I was a little bit older, but not too much wiser, I began to get a desire to preach. This desire was obviously from God because in the natural that was the last thing that I ever wanted to do so I hid that desire and pushed it deep down and ignored it. I didn’t want to face it because my fears and insecurities were taking a higher place than the call of God on my life. I knew that I had a call of God on my life to preach and to be an influence to others but I thought there were others who could do a better job than me… people who were more experienced and not petrified of getting up and speaking in front of others.

About six months ago though, I made another decision… a decision that was difficult for me to make and it took a very long time but I decided to let go and let God… whatever God was asking me to do, I was going to do it.

Today I had the awesome privilege of preaching at Girls Church…. I stepped out… and even though I did feel quite nervous I left behind all of my fears and insecurities in doing so.  I honoured God by doing what he had been asking me to do for such a long time.

I also feel very honoured but quite overwhelmed that God would use someone like me to speak into the lives of others. I also have a great sense of relief at having overcome one of my greatest fears and I thank God that He was with me every step of the way.

You know, it is amazing what God will do when we just give up and let him have complete control of every part of our lives.

2 Timothy 2:20-21
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honour and some for dishonour. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honour, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

No comments: