Monday, November 9

Celebration...


This last weekend my husband and I celebrated ten wonderful years of marriage.  As we were driving on our way out to dinner I commented on how I felt so blessed that we had such an awesome marriage when we live in such a 'disposable' world with a divorce rate that is unbelievably high and many couples not even making it passed five years yet alone ten.

Some people treat marriage as lightly as the piece of paper that their certficate is printed on but to us marriage is a whole lot more than that piece of paper... it is a life-long commitment to the one we have chose 'til death do us part'.

From the very beginning of our relationship we chose to place God at the centre and I have no doubt that it has made all the difference.

I am more in love with my husband today than the day we married and everyday that love grows deeper as our relationship grows.  Love isn't just a feeling of butterflies in your stomach, or a weak feeling in your knees, love is a choice we make everyday no matter what we are feeling and regardless of circumstances.  Although, I am very glad to say that I often still get that gushing feeling when I see my husband even after ten years!

As we were reflecting on the last ten years over dinner and reminescing about all the fun times we have had together we started to wonder about what the next ten years would bring, where will we be and what will we be doing after another decade?  I'm certain that we will see many more dreams fulfilled and enough memories created to write a book!

It's the memories we create together that make them the best.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.  1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments: