Tuesday, July 30

Leave an inheritance for your children's children...

 
I was just casually flicking through my journal...which of late has started to gather a bit of dust (ooopps!!)... when I came across the last little note to myself and I thought I might share it with you...  It is only a short little blurb and to the point but so very important and something I pray will become the forefront of my thinking (and living) on a daily basis...

Proverbs 13:22
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.

It is my responsibility and great priviledge as a parent to provide a good influence and atmosphere for my children to learn from... both inside and outside of my home.

Deuteronomy 6:6
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up.

I need to model a lifestyle at all times during my day, whatever I may be doing, which will pass my values and spiritual legacy onto my children.  Whether that may be...
   cooking in the kitchen
   sitting around the breakfast or dinner table
   playing together
   watching TV
   driving in the car
   out for coffee with friends

Our kids learn so much from us in our everyday routine. Just take a look at yourself... do you ever say to yourself 'I am becoming my mother' or catch yourself doing something and think 'my mum does that!!'. 

Whoever we hang around the most is who we become like so our children are most likely to become like us.

What influence are we having on our children?
What atmosphere are we building in our home?

Every home should be filled with happy memories.... 

I hope and pray that as my boy gets older he will have a tonne of happy memories to remember and pass onto his children.  I want to leave a Godly inheritance in my little boys life.
  

1 comment:

Kerry-Lee said...

You are a great mum, leaving a wonderful inheritance and legacy. I loved reading this. Thanks for sharing :) Kerry-Lee