Friday, February 17

'Wet Your Pants' in Style...


Years and years ago when I was about 20 years old (gosh that is a long time ago!)... I went to a weekend leadership seminar with a few other leaders from our youth group.  The one and only thing that I remember from that weekend was something one particular speaker talked about and that was to do something new and challenging every now and again... something so challenging that it scares you... something that would make you 'wet your pants'.

Now, I have to admit that it has been quite a while since I  have actually done something that scary, or wet my pants for that matter!!  Although... the last time that comes to mind is giving birth... and that literally can and did make me 'wet my pants'... lol!!  Maybe that doesn't really count...

Anyway... moving on...

I have been inspired to try something new.  I met a very talented young woman a few months before I moved away from Coffs Harbour and I have recently seen her post some gorgeous photos of her beautiful decorated cake creations... a hobby which she has apparently only recently discovered... but she is doing an amazing job of it!

So... with a very special event coming up in the next couple of weeks I thought I might give it a bit of a go.  Sure, I know how to bake... however... the decorating side is going to be a completely different story.  Not exactly 'pants wetting' stuff but hey... putting together a gorgeous cake (hopefully), catering and organising my event plus looking after an almost 10 month old is going to be a bit of a challenge to say the least!

I hoped online last night hoping to find everything that I may need without having to go out and about shopping around... and oh my gosh... is there some stuff out there!  I managed to piece it all together and work out exactly what I'm going to do and need to get and $150 later... I think I'm set.  I can't wait for all my little bits to arrive... I love parcels, even when I know what's inside!!

So... stay tuned... and here's hoping that ther will be a plethera of photos in a few weeks...

Oh and get out there and do something new...

'Wet your Pants' in style!!

No comments: